A shiny and beautiful hair is what everybody wants regardless of their gender. We aim to have a hair that is not only beautiful outside but also healthy inside and out. In order to maintain a clean and healthier hair, it is important to take good care of it and protect it from being damaged. If you are too busy to go to the salon for a hair treatment, here are some methods that will not only make your hair healthier but also make you look and feel good.
1. If you have an oily hair and scalp, you need to wash it more often to remove excess oil and dirt. Use shampoo and gently massage your scalp and hair from root to tips to get rid of too much oil. But if you have dry scalp and hair, it is recommended to wash it with shampoo and conditioner not too often. Do not over wash dry scalp because it may strip away vital oils that protects your hair from having flakes and dandruff.
2. Do not use hot water to wash your hair. The use of hot water to your scalp can cause dryness thus creating hair tangles that could lead to breakage and split-ends.
3. Brush your hair at least twice a day to remove tangles. If your hair is soaking wet after a shower, do not brush it and use a comb instead. Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb from the roots to the tips of your hair and carefully remove tangles.
4. Avoid using products that can cause damage to your hair. Chemicals used for straightening, curling, and hair coloring can cause dryness and breakage. But if there is a need to use these hair styling products, you should use hair protective treatments that moisturizes and protects your hair for possible damage.
5. Use shampoo and conditioner that is specifically formulated for your hair type. The use of products that is not compatible for your hair type will only introduce more damage to your hair.
6. Towel-dry your hair gently if possible. But if you are going to blow-dry your hair, use only low heat because too much heat will cause hair dryness. Keep the distance of the nozzle of your hair-dryer about two inches from your hair.
7. Use protection to your hair when swimming. The chlorine in swimming pools have damaging effects to the hair and the use of tight-fitting hair cap is highly recommended.
8. A healthy mind and body means healthy hair. So live a healthy life and avoid stress, smoking, drinking too much alcohol and eating junk foods. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetable and protein-rich food that gives nutrients to our scalp and hair making it healthier and beautiful.
These are some methods that can help you achieve and maintain a beautiful looking hair. Aside from these hair care routine, living a healthy lifestyle will also help maintain a healthier and beautiful hair. No matter how busy we are, always make time to do this simple hair care methods to have a clean, shiny, smooth, and healthier hair. See more at Natural-hair-care.com to have more ideas about your hairstyles.